GTLawyers has a team with qualified and experienced professionals to assist its clients in labor matters. We have strong practice in labor advice, labor litigation and administrative proceedings. We offer legal advice according to the court decisions tendencies and positions, in order to keep the work aligned with the client’s goals and achieve the best results.
Our practice is growing even more in the market. In the last years, our labor team took part directly in a few of the biggest transactions made in the world, with multibillion dollars amounts, regarding transactions in the pharmaceutical, energy and banking areas, representing buyers/investors as sellers.
Among the services rendered, we highlight or legal practice in a broad variety of activities, such as:
Labor advice and Union Relations
- Drafting of legal opinions in labor, union and social security matters;
- Drafting of labor documents in general, such as contracting agreements, collective agreement, internal policies, bonus programs/variable remuneration and benefits, stock options plans, internal regulations and conduct policy manuals, profit sharing plans;
- Advice in practices to avoid complaints that involve harassment/moral damage allegations;
- Legal due diligence regarding operations in Brazil and abroad;
- Advice in migration matters regarding the contracting of foreigners to work in Brazil and the contracting of Brazilians to activities abroad (expatriates);
- Workshops and seminars organization in important themes with impact in labor matters;
- Structure/execution of all the strategy to labor negotiations, with participation in round-tables and conciliation commissions, including the draft and review of collective bargaining agreements and advice in union assemblies and strike procedures;
- Representation of companies and trade unions in collective bargaining;
- Outsourcing of services and hiring of suppliers and independent representatives;
- Hiring and termination of employees and executives;
- Review of company's internal policies;
- Evaluation of labor liabilities.
- Representations of clients involved in labor litigation in all the instances and localities, as well as advice to clients in pre-litigation scenarios to avoid labor complaints;
- Personalized monitoring of all labor courts in Brazil;
- Draft of reports and feeding of internal systems of customers, in order to enable the monitoring, evaluation and management of labor liabilities;
- Draft of administrative defenses in labor matters and work security;
- Acting with a dedicated team for special lawsuits bring to action by the Public Ministry of Labor (MPT) and other strategic cases.